Top 10 Ways to Improve Your Environment
Our surroundings play an important role in how we feel and, consequently, how we behave in all realms of our life. Here are 10 ways to make your environment support the best you.
1. De-clutter. Do whatever it takes to bring order to your space. Clutter is the enemy of clarity and relaxation.
2. Add flowers/plants. Living things help clean the air and clear the brain. Be sure to keep them fresh!
3. Keep relationships clear. Unresolved conflict with relatives or workmates can poison the best spaces.
4. Eat healthfully. What you put in your mouth has a profound effect on your energy and mood.
5. Take “mental health” breaks. Take a quick walk outside, do some stretching, or sit quietly and breathe. Doing so regularly can do wonders for your state of mind.
6. Get inspired. Hang artwork you love, light candles, bathe your walls in color. Whatever keeps your spirits up and your life moving forward.
7. Set up systems. Whether it’s a system for laundry, bookkeeping or taking phone messages, systems save time and help everything run smoothly.
8. Work on you. Develop yourself, and your environment can’t help but improve.
9. Exercise. Everything feels and goes better when you’re getting regular exercise.
10. Use humor. A little laughter goes a long way to create a positive, supportive environment.